For the Meatballs
- 10-ounce 93% ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
For the soup
- ½ tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 9-ounce fresh cheese tortellini
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Salt & pepper
- Combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Using your hands, gently mix all the ingredients well until everything is combined.
- 3Form small meatballs, about 1 tablespoon each, you will get about 20 to 22.
- 4In a large nonstick pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot & garlic.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- When broth boils, season with black pepper to taste. Reduce heat to medium and gently drop in the meatballs. Cook about 4 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and simmer until cooked according to package directions, about 7 minutes.